Sunday, March 1, 2009

Gotta love a night out with a chopper dude!???






It wasn't a night with Vince, the slap-chop guy. (As exciting as that sounds.) But it was a night out with a different chopper dude. Fortunately, he didn't slap anything. I went with my friend, Becky, and the Smiths, and we headed last Friday night to good ol' QVC! You know, the tv-sales show! And Paul Sr., from the tv/cable show "Orange County Choppers" came out on one of his custom bikes and we all cheered and screamed like we were 16 again. Then he flexed his biceps and we all screamed some more! He did a little Q&A before and after the show, but in the meantime, it was an hour of watching him sell t-shirts, hats, his book, and some other, well, really ugly apparel. (No offense.) But, it was a great night out. Too bad he didn't let us all take pics with him, but maybe next time. Why didn't Shawn go you ask??? Well, Becky got tickets for her husband and his parents, but, they were in Utah for a funeral that weekend. So, I was in the "right time at the right place" and she asked me to go! (Poor Shawn stayed home with the kids.) The best part about it? I can scratch "a night out with a chopper dude" from my "things to do before I die" list. And I learned that the QVC studio audience can order right from their chairs. Operators are - literally - standing by. (NO - I didn't order anything!)








1 comment:

Bill and Tara said...

Oh my gosh! I am sure it is hard for you to imagine that Bill totally loves the show American Chopper, it is on our Tivo. He would be so jealous that you got to see Paul Sr! Love it!!!